InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort Reopens
2 June 2020
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort will reopen from 1st July 2020, operating in accordance with the public health orders of the Queensland and Australian Federal Government in response to COVID-19.
Since the start of the crisis, the resort’s leadership team have remained committed to implementing additional health and safety measures in line with local jurisdiction, including but not limited to, increased frequency of deep cleaning public areas and accommodation rooms and adjusting food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene and precautionary action.
Building on this work, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort will execute the IHG Way of Clean programme. The programme has been developed in conjunction with experts from Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, and includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants in guestrooms and public spaces, and a continued partnership with Ecolab to enhance the programme and provide high-impact cleanliness solutions, including:
Personal guest cleanliness and safety resources, such as:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitiser/wipes for guests
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidance for resort staff
- Visible sanitiser stations in public areas and colleague spaces
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
Enhanced cleaning and operating procedures for every zone of the hotel:
- Arrival: Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out, touchless transactions, guidance on usage of front desk barriers, and sanitiser stations in high traffic areas
- Public Spaces and Amenities: Visible and more frequent deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, spacing or reduction of furniture for social distancing, best practices for pools and other amenity spaces
- Food & Beverage: Operational changes to food & beverage requirements and delivery; new food & beverage standards and service protocols, new approaches to buffets, banquets, and catering
- Guest Room: Verification of sanitization with items marked as cleaned / ready to use (e.g., glassware, remote control), removal of in-room collateral or other high touch items, and upgraded laundry protocols
- Technology: Evaluating advanced technology for implementation as part of this enhanced programme and all elements of a contactless guest experience
Furthermore, these rigorous, new efforts are being led by IHG’s recently established Global Cleanliness Board. This group of IHG operations, health and safety, and guest experience colleagues are working with external specialists to understand best practices, define solutions and implement processes that address short term needs and are sustainable over the long-term.
Once InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reopens on 1st July 2020, we will continue to keep you updated on all that the resort and IHG are doing to demonstrate commitment to cleanliness in the coming months.
Back to Articles