Luxury Hotel Experience at Home!
10 May 2020
Enjoy a luxury hotel experience at home with Sanctuary Cove! Follow our steps this weekend and treat yourself to a five-star, luxury holiday at home!
With us all spending more time at home than normal, it is usual to start missing your ‘former life’. Whether it is a trip to the movies, Friday night drinks with the girls, dinner date with your significant other, a pampering session at the day spa, or even that trip you have been planning for months!
With the resounding message being stay home, we thought now is the perfect time to show you how you can bring a little bit of InterContinental Sanctuary Cove luxury into your home.
1. Treat yourself to a bed made to hotel standards
Slipping into a beautifully made hotel bed is one of life’s little luxuries. Follow these steps to make the perfect hotel bed at home:
- Put your sheets in the middle of the bed, hang them evenly over all edges
- Pull your sheets as tightly as you can before tucking them under and then repeating on the other side. Hospital corners are a must for that hotel look!
- Shake your duvet.
- Lay your duvet centrally (like you did with your sheets), tuck it along the bottom of the bed, shake it one more time.
- Pull up the duvet and smooth it. Add any finishing touches, throws and cushions add that five-star touch.
If you really want to go all out, you could buy some new luxe linen. We are lusting over the linen bedding and the classic Camargue fringed throws available from Theo & Joe.
2. Indulge in a beautiful candle
Luxury hotels all have a signature scent! Soho Girl and Hamptons Style offer a beautiful range of gorgeous scented candles that will not only make your home smell beautiful but look luxurious as well!
3. Purchase yourself a luxury robe and slippers
Cocoon yourself in luxury, with a waffle bath robe from Cabana. The softness of their Cosy Luxe Bath Robe will take you to that dreamy place. Match your new robe with a pair of their Cosy Luxe faux fur slippers for that perfect at home hotel look!
4. Indulge in an at home beauty treatment
Bring the day spa experience to your home and give your feet a little bit of love! Chempro Chemist offer a great range of foot exfoliants, rubs and moisturisers. Finish off your foot care with a coat of polish from their Designer Brands range.
5. Order a fancy ‘Room Service’ dinner
Treat yourself to a fancy ‘Room Service’ for dinner! A selection of your favourite Sanctuary Cove restaurants are offering delivery and takeaway menus. From Artichoke and Bistro 19 to Ioesco and Dragon Cove, the choices for your ‘room service’ are endless!
6. The final touch – chocolate for your pillows
Turn down service at a hotel is the ultimate indulgence, and there is nothing better than hopping into the bed to find a little chocolate treat on your pillow! Whether it is a fun size chocolate or mouth-watering block of Lindt, Lee’s IGA is the perfect final stop to finish off your at home hotel experience!
Follow just a few or all of them and see how easy it is to have a luxury hotel experience at home while feeling like you’re on a mini holiday! Still thinking about a real getaway? We are look forward to welcoming you back to the newly refurbished InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort later in the year!
Back to Articles